The new KARS (Kids Achieving Resiliency and Success Program) is a short-term, co-ed TRICARE Certified program for moderately to severely emotionally disturbed children ages 6 through 11.
This mental health program is designed for behaviorally reactive children with significant impairment in behavioral, cognitive, emotional, familial and/or social functioning.
KARS is designed for males and females ages 6 to 11:
- With evidence of a DSM diagnosable mental disorder. Primary Issues may include:
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety disorder
- Unmanageable behavior in the home environment that makes it necessary for the child to be removed from the home. Unmanageable behavior can be defined as, but not limited to, uncontrollable temper, sexually reactive, destruction of property, physical and verbal aggression.
- Severe dysfunction in social or school settings as evidenced by school suspensions or expulsions; disruptive or destructive behaviors; aggressive behaviors; and behavior that is unpredictable and unmanageable in a less restrictive setting.
- Chronic and repeated runaway episodes, high-risk behaviors and self-harming behaviors that place the child in immediate danger.